Wednesday 22 February 2017

Multi Purpose Bookcase

I think this is a stamp set that people are passing by in the Spring/Summer Catalogue because they are not sure what to do with it, but I think it is one of the most versatile sets this season. There are 27, yes 27, images, including five sets of words. It is perfect for scrapbooking, because of the size of the images and the words that are used, but it is also perfect for cards. The two I have made here are about as far apart as you can get, the original being perfect for the man in your life, and the one I made on video being ideal for the arrival of a little on (or perhaps the mother of a little one, or is that just my slightly odd mind!)


The original had some heat embossing, but that was more because I used a single colour of ink and wanted the words to stand out a bit, so the 'live' project doesn't. I love that our inks are so good that you can get generational stamping out of them, giving you extra tones of each of the colour used. A little hint of something at the top of the card, just to give a bit of balance, and we are done. How easy is that.


I highly recommend taking a look at this set, there really are lots of things you can do with it.

Dimensions:
Card base - A5 folded in half to make an A6 base
Mat - 5-5/8 x 3-7/8" (14.25 x 9.75 cm)

Stamping mat – 5-3/8 x 3-5/8” (13.50 x 9 cm)




2 comments:

  1. I just couldn't cover up all that beautiful by the sea DSP. Why not use a rectangle die and cut a large piece out of the center and then put the vanilla cardstock over the top? or cut the vanilla smaller so you can see MORE of the DSP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda. You have a good point about covering up the DSP, and I often do 'gut' my papers, but I actually have a few sheets of that particular design of paper and need to do some stash busting. I think if you look back at some of my other videos I have done some die cutting from the middle of the mat layer. But this time you have caught me out!!! Thank you for commenting, I do like hearing from people who have taken time to read my blog. xx

      Delete